VSL Clinic Terms and Conditions
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to speak to a member of our staff.
It is important that you read and understand VSL Clinic terms and conditions prior to any procedure or treatment taking place.
If you cannot find the information you require on our website, you may request it from us in writing.
1. These Terms
1.1 What is covered in this document:
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply services to you.
1.2 Taking care to read these Terms and Conditions
It is important you read and understand these terms prior to an appointment. This document will explain the following:
- who we are
- how we will provide services to you
- how you and we may change or end this agreement, and
- what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. Contact Details
2.1 Our address
VSL Clinic Limited has a registered address at Trident House, 106 Barnsley Road, Wakefield WF1 5NX. You can contact us by
- calling 01924 570014
- e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by writing to us at VSL Clinic, Trident House, 106 Barnsley Road, Wakefield WF1 5NX
2.2 We may contact you by the following methods:
By telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us on booking.
By text message to a mobile phone number provided to us on booking.
2.3 “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails and text messages.
3. Our contract with you
3.1 When does the contract commence?
A contract will become active between ourselves when you request a specific treatment offered by us and when a consultation or appointment (detailing date and time) is provided to you by us.
Your request can be verbal or written (in person or by telephone) or in writing.
We take a deposit for all patients to secure your appointment. The deposit for non-surgical treatment will usually be the sum of £50 which is held on account and can be used against your treatment, unless you fail to attend. If you fail to attend an appointment or cancel without the requested notice, you will lose the deposit and be required to pay again (should you wish to make another appointment). Surgical procedures deposits are usually 50% of the cost of the procedure, however we reserve the right to request a higher sum. The exact amount of deposit payable will be confirmed at the time of booking. The deposit is non-refundable, except in circumstances where a suitable amount of time is given to cancel or rearrange an appointment which is seven days (you can reschedule up to 72 hours prior). In a situation where you fail to attend your appointment, you will lose your deposit.
For some appointments, including appointments with Consultants and Doctors, we may ask for the full cost at time of booking.
4.1 We will supply the services to you at the agreed cost discussed during consultation including any aftercare or follow up.
“Course(s)” refer to the set amount of treatments agreed in the consultation and paid in advance. If you miss a pre-booked appointment, this will still be invoiced and charged as if carried out, unless you provide a minimum of 72 hrs notice.
4.2 Continuity of services and training
Unfortunately, we cannot always guarantee that your course or treatments will be carried out by the same person. We will of course always aim to ensure continuity of care.
All our Doctors, Consultants and Nursing practitioners are trained and approved in accordance with our treatment protocols.
4.3 It is important that we receive as much information in relation to your health as possible. It is your responsibility to ensure that we are provided this health-related information prior to each treatment.
We may need other/additional information from you to enable us to carry out the services you require. We may contact you via email or phone for this information. Please note if you do not provide correct information, we reserve the right to end the contract and cancel the appointment and you will lose your deposit.
We will let you know the outcome via telephone or email including how we reached a decision detaining the facts and reasons, you will be responsible for the cost of that initial consultation.
Information of risks and complications relating to your treatment or procedure can be found on our information sheets. There is no procedure that is entirely risk free. However, we will provide the services with reasonable care and skill using only experienced and trained Doctors, Consultants and Nurse practitioners.
5. Attendance and preparation
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to an appointment. If you are late, you may lose your appointment as well as your deposit or course booking. Late arrival may also result in a reduction to your treatment time. We will always try to accommodate you if possible, so please call the clinic in advance. We will never guarantee that we can change bookings if you are running late.
We will inform you how to make any necessary preparations for your appointment. If you fail to make these preparations, this may result in your treatment being delayed, time-reduced or incurring additional costs. If continued non-compliance occurs, we reserve our right to end this contract and further treatment without prior notice.
6. Rights to suspend and or make changes
You have the right to make changes to your appointment time/date, please contact us in advance and we will confirm if the change is possible.
Our rights to suspend or make changes
We will attempt to contact you via phone, email and text to inform you of any cancellation/rearrangement that we need to make to your appointment. We do not offer compensation in these circumstances. We may have to suspend or change the services:
due to circumstances beyond our control; and/or to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and/or to implement adjustments and improvements. In addition, we may make significant changes, suspend long term or even permanently change the prices for our services. In the event of this, we will notify you and you may ask for a refund of any pre-paid services if you no longer want to go ahead with the treatment at an increased price We may also suspend/cancel the services if you do not pay or do not pay on time.
7. Your right to end the contract
7.1 You can end a contract prior to services taking place or being paid for. You must provide us with 7 days notice or you will lose your deposit. There are certain circumstances in which you may be charged an admin fee.
Relevant reasons for you to end the contract include, if:
- You inform us in writing or by telephone at least 7 days before the consultation/treatment.
- We have told you about a change to the services and you do not agree.
- Services are significantly impacted because of events outside our control.
- We have suspended or notified you about a service change in a period of more than 14 days before your appointment.
7.2 What happens if you end the contract without a good reason?
- If you are not ending the contract for one of the reasons set out in clause 7.1, the contract will end immediately but we will retain the deposit paid under clause 3.2, as reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of you ending the contract. In addition:
- You have a legal right to end the contract, if we have done something wrong.
8. Our rights to end the contract
- If we deem you medically unfit.
- If you break the contract, we may end it.
- We may end the contract at any time. We reserve the right to end the contract at any time by writing to you. We will refund you any money unspent on in your account with the exception of your deposit.
- You do not make any payment to us when it is due;
- You repeatedly miss appointments; or
- You fail to provide us with information which is necessary for us to provide the services.
9. If there is a problem with the services
If you have any questions or complaints about the services, please contact us via email or letter.
Summary of your key legal rights
For detailed information, please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 quote:
- You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it is not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or you can get some money back if we can’t fix it.
- If you haven’t agreed a price beforehand, what you are asked to pay must be reasonable.
- If you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
10. Payments and costs
10.1 We will take care to ensure all prices are accurate. Prices can be found on our website and the full cost will be discussed and agreed at the time of consultation unless agreed in writing via email or letter. If an error occurs or there is a typo, we reserve the right to action and amend this.
10.2 All prices are detailed on our website www.vslclinic.com
It is of course possible that mistakes to prices can be made. We will always endeavour to try and ensure that prices are as up to date and as accurate as possible. You must make full payment of the price of the services. The cost of surgical procedures involves a minimum of 50% payable upon booking. Full payment will usually be due on the day of the procedure.
The full cost of Private GP and Consultant consultation appointments may be taken at the time of booking and is non-refundable. We accept payment with most major credit/debit cards. We accept cash (to a maximum of £500 per visit) and BACS payments. However, we are unable to accept cheques or any other form of payment. If you pay late, we reserve the right to charge interest, usually this is charged at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of the Bank of England. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis. We reserve all our rights to take action against you, including the right to pass the matter to a debt collection agency.
11. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We are responsible for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us if we fail to use reasonable care and skill. However, we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both the patient and the clinic knew and accepted that it might happen, and example, if it is discussed during the booking or consultation process. But, for the avoidance of doubt, we are not liable for any economic loss or for any other special, indirect/consequential loss or damage which arises out of, or in connection with, its provision of the services to you including damage occurring as a result of your failure to provide us with any information that is required.
It is not excluded or limited in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. Including liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services including the right to receive services which are as described and supplied with reasonable skill and care. We do not take responsibly or are liable for business losses. including loss or liability to you for any of the below.
- loss of business profit
- loss of business
- business interruption
- loss of business opportunity.
- Days off work We also are not responsible/liable if you have taken time off work to have a treatment or procedure which we are unable to carry out.
12. How we may use your personal information
We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- Provide the services and process your payment and deposits.
- Inform you about similar products that we provide (only if you agreed to this during the consultation/booking process).
Your personal information will only be provided to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
13. Other important terms
Our premises, including the rear car park, and the front door steps are smoke-free zones. Compliance is required by all visitors.
All visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. Please note if you are receiving treatment, you are not deemed responsible in respect of this clause.
All courses must be taken within a 12 months period. Failure to do so may mean that treatments remaining will be forfeited along with any pre-payments made. You cannot change the course type or use the payment on account for any other services or change it into someone else’s name.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
Each paragraph operates separately. If a court legally finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue, therefore all the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
We may delay enforcing this contract; however we can still enforce it at a later date if you have broken the contract.
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of these services in the English courts. The same applies if you live in Scotland (Scottish or the English courts) or if you live in Northern Ireland (Northern Irish or the English courts).
Alternative dispute resolution
An independent body can consider the facts of a dispute and seek to resolve it, without you having to go to court.
Appointment Cancellation Charges Policy
Payable in advance when booking appointments at our clinic:
- For any aesthetic treatment or consultation, to secure any appointment, we will take a £50 deposit from all clients. This will used as credit towards the first treatment should you wish to go ahead with treatment following the consultation. Please note if you miss your appointment or cancel with less than 24 hrs, you will lose your deposit.
- For medical appointments with Consultants or Doctors, full payment may be required in advance at the time of booking.
- We will request an advance payment of at least 50% at the time of booking a surgical procedure and the remainder either a week prior to procedure or on the day of the procedure. This is refundable if 7 days notice of cancelation is given. You may reschedule up to 72 hours before the procedure.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking for injections, smears and histology. We also reserve the right to ask for full payment for other services.
- Refunds made can take up to 21 days to process.
Cancellation charges are applicable in the following circumstances:
72 hours notice is required to cancel/reschedule all non-surgical bookings to ensure that you do not lose your deposit/payment. For surgical procedures, you are required to provide a notice of 72 hrs to reschedule, and a notice of 7 days to cancel and receive a refund of your deposit/payment.
To cancel or rearrange, please:
- Make contact within 7 days of the scheduled appointment with a request to cancel and request refund.
- Make contact within 72 hours of the scheduled appointment with a request to reschedule.
Failing to attend a scheduled appointment:
Any prepaid deposit will be used as a fee. A further deposit will need to be paid before a new appointment can be booked.
Payment in advance for a consultation or treatment:
The clinic will take the full advance payment as a fee. A further charge will be payable before a new appointment can be booked.
For a course of treatments:
We will take the cost of the scheduled treatment as a fee. Please note that missed treatments as part of a course may impact the final results you are seeking to achieve.
Appointments may be rescheduled or cancelled by the following methods:
Telephone, Email or by writing via Post. Contact information can be found in Section 2.1 of this document.
You cannot cancel via any social media platform e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. or by text message.
Cancellation Fee Terms and Conditions:
- All clients of VSL Clinic Limited will be expected to agree to our ‘Appointment Cancellation Charges Policy’ and may be asked to sign a confirmation document. If a client refuses to sign & agree, then we reserve the right to not offer any treatment.
- Courses of treatment – if you would like to cancel your course before it ends then all treatments taken prior will be charged at the single rate fee and the remaining money will then be refunded.
- These cancellation charges apply to every appointment offered at whatever the listed cost.
- Exceptional circumstances: Clients who cancel or do not attend due to exceptional circumstances will still be required to pay the appropriate cancellation fee. However, we reserve the right to judge on a case by case basis whether to refund the charge.
- Not receiving an appointment reminder is not considered a valid reason for not attending an appointment.
- We reserve the right to request full upfront payment for an appointment. If the patient reschedules, cancels or does not attend, this payment will not be refunded.
- Genuine concerns, reassessment appointments or follow-ups where no additional services/procedures are undertaken will also be free of charge. We reserve the right to apply a charge, indicated in advance, for our time in some circumstances.
- All members of our treating medical team (including self-employed personnel) are trained and approved in accordance with our treatment protocols.
- We do not guarantee continued treatment with one specific person, but do however ensure continuation of care.
- To enable us to reassign your appointment time to another patient, we require 48 hrs notice if you cannot attend your appointment. If you do not provide 48 hours’ notice, you will have to pay a minimum cancellation fee of £50. If you have pre-paid for procedure/treatment, you will lose this and you will be asked to formally accept and understand our full terms and conditions before you rebook and continue treatment.
- For those who repeatedly cancel appointments without the required notice, we also reserve the right to discontinue future treatment with these clients.
- We require you to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your allotted appointment time, in order to complete any necessary paperwork.
- If you are late, we may have to reschedule your appointment or reduce it. This will be assessed by the treating person at the time. Please contact us at the earliest time to let us know if you are running late.
- For reasons beyond our control, there could be times when we run late due to reasons beyond our control. Sometime, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may need to cancel clinics and appointments. In this case, we will contact you via all methods available to us to reschedule the appointment to a mutually convenient time/day. We do not offer compensation if it is necessary for us to cancel your appointment.
- If you need to make any preparations to enable you to have treatment or a procedure and you fail to do so, this can result in delay or cancelation and additional costs.
You understand that VSL Clinic reserves the right to refer to debt collection agents if you fail to pay.
VSL Clinic is not liable for any loss including
- Economic loss
- Loss of profit
- Any other cost be it indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, its provision of any goods and/or services to the client.
The Client is responsible for providing all relevant, accurate and truthful medical information prior to treatment or procedure. We will not be held liable/reasonable as a result of the client’s failure to do so.
We cannot allow under 16’s to come into the clinic unless accompanied by a responsible adult who is not receiving treatment.
We do not offer purely cosmetic treatments (such as injectables) to anyone under the age of 18.
Children aged 16-17 must have parental consent prior to receiving treatment.
We do offer some treatments, procedures and consultations to the whole population and this decision to treat minors under 16 is considered on a case by case basis, to ensure that treatment is appropriate for that person.
Complaints Policy Summary
We have a written complaints policy, which can be found in reception or requested. The brief summary is below:
- If you wish to lodge a complaint, a supervisor, line manager, manager/director will be informed and will deal with the matter. Who deals with it will depend on the severity of the complaint.
- If you complain in person, you will be taken into a private room where an appropriate member of the team will listen to your complaint.
- If the complainant is not the client, we require written consent which is signed by the client. This must be comprehensive to allow us to record investigate to deal and provide a full outcome.
- Complaints can also be sent to the Patients Association, PO Box 935, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 3YJ.
Your feedback, views, comments and recommendations are important and welcomed. Please feel free to make your comments in person and/or anonymously on the client feedback forms which are in the reception room.
For further clarification of our Terms & Conditions, please call or email the clinic. Our contact details can be found in Section 2.1 of this document.
Website Usage – Terms and Conditions
Please do not use this website if you disagree with anything you read/see. By continuing to use/look, you are agreeing to comply with and to be bound by these terms and conditions of use.
We, the registered owners of VSL Clinic (Companies House registration 11356273) refer to ourselves with the terms ‘VSL Clinic’, ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘we’. The term ‘you’, ‘Client’, ‘Patient’, refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Unauthorised use/copying of our website in its entirety may result in a claim or criminal offence being actioned.
- The content provided is general and is constantly changing and being updated. We may add/remove services without any prior notice.
- We and our third party providers do not provide a guarantee to the following: accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness and suitability of any of the information/materials found/offered on this website in any form.
- We do not accept liability that information /materials may contain some typos/inaccuracies to the fullest extent permitted by law. You acknowledge and accept this.
- This website is used entirely at your own risk, we accept no liabilities at all.
- Our website is owned by/licensed to us. A copyright notice forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Our website is owned by us and copyright includes, but is not limited to, layout, design/look/appearance, graphics and photos.
- Reproduction of copy/images are prohibited with exception to all trademarks reproduced in this website, which are acknowledged as not our property.
We may use links to other websites for your convenience, however we do not endorse these or accept any liability or responsibility for their information/content.
This website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The monitoring of our website site usage and the associated traffic patterns are managed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We take storing and using your personal data seriously and work in line with the new compliance (May 2018). We are fully committed to protecting your privacy. By accepting and registering with us, you agree to our terms and conditions and we agree to endeavour to protect your personal data.
We will only ever use your information within VSL Clinic and will only pass this on if legally requested to do so.
Some of the details we ask for are: name, address, date of birth, contact details (including telephone and address), medication, height, weight, medical history, GP information, emergency contact details. This can be taken a number of ways: over the phone, at the time of booking your appointment or during your consultation.
If you contact us, we may keep a record/note of this.
We may also keep details of transactions you carry out during you visit.
We may pass on the details that you give us to the medical secretary of our Consultants.
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
You can request to see the information we store in writing and by providing 2 forms of photo ID and your address confirmation. There will be an admin fee for this and the person themselves must collect this in person from the clinic.
You can write to us to request to be removed from our records.
You can unsubscribe to our offers and/or mailing list at any time. We will not automatically subscribe you. The opt-in may occur at the time of enquiry, booking, consultation or treatment stage.
Freedom of Information
We are required to follow the legislation below:
Agreement to these terms and conditions
When you book an appointment at the VSL Clinic, this is confirmation that you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
We are open six days per week from 10 am to 7 pm; and on Saturday Between 10 am to 6pm on Sunday by appointment.
Our opening hours may vary from the above times due to operational reasons. Appointments can be made at various times through the day as well as during evenings and weekends as per clinic schedule to give flexibility to our patients.