HIGH INTENSITY FOCUSED ULTRASOUND(HIFU)
HIFU uses high-energy ultrasound.
The system is a non-invasive ultrasonic focusing technique. The ultrasonic energy is delivered deep within the skin and causes a thermal reaction, high heat will directly focus on the connective tissue.Non-invasive Ultrasound energy specifically targets the Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System (SMAS) and as a result, collagen production is stimulated, and the process of tissue regeneration begins. This causes tightening and lifting of the skin and tissues resulting in a lifted appearance and a tightened feeling.
This fantastic treatment offers a non-invasive and affordable alternative to more invasive treatments such as facelifts with no downtime. This treatment specifically targets the same muscular layer as targeted during a facelift.The health and vitality of the skin’s surface improves and tightens in just one session. A HIFU treatment should prove to be not just a very effective treatment for the client but also as a successful revenue builder due to its non-surgical attributes.
Can anyone have the treatment?
- Patients with Cold Sores.
- Open facial wounds, lesions or infections.
- Metal stents/implants in the treated area.
- Implantable electrical devices – Pacemakers.
- Within 2 weeks following Botox and 4 weeks following Fillers.
- Pregnant or Breast-feeding woman.
- Active systematic or skin disease which may hinder regeneration.
Where can HIFU be used?
It can be used on the face and body where lifting and tightening is required to include:
- Brow Lifting
- Jowl Lifting
- Mid Face Lifting
- Nasolabial Fold Reduction o Marionette Line Reduction
- Neck Lifting
- Lifting the Décolleté o Brazilian Bum Lifting
- Overall skin tightening and rejuvenation, areas on the body where there is flaccid skin.
Is it painful?
The treatment should never feel too painful but can get uncomfortable in sensitive areas. You will be asked to score the uncomfortable feeling between 1 and 10, (10 being the most painful).
- For a Patch Test – Pain Threshold should measure between 3-4 out of 10
- In the treatment, the maximum Pain Threshold should measure 5-6 out of 10
Following a treatment using the HIFU machine, the skin may show erythema, a tight feeling, and slight prickling or tingling in places. These effects may continue for a few hours. In some rare cases these effects may continue for a period of days.
Avoid using any make-up following a HIFU treatment for up to 12 hours.
Some results will be visible immediately following a treatment (approx. 10%) and effects will continue for up to 90 days following the treatment. If any further treatments are required, please leave a minimum of 12 weeks before further treatments.
How many sessions do I need?
- 1 – 3 sessions per client
- Minimum of 12 weeks (90 days) between each treatment
- Maximum 3 treatments within a 2-year period